Iron deficiency can cause fatigue, headache, feeling jittery and uncomfortable. This condition is more common in women, especially during menstruation, pregnancy, or breast-feeding. Symptoms of iron deficiency can be felt, even though the condition has not grown to be anemia.
Anemia is a condition that is caused by a lack of red blood cells, and is often referred to as anemia. Anemia causes the blood can not carry or provide enough oxygen for the whole body. Red blood cells contain a substance called hemoglobin, which is responsible for distributing oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body. Due to a lack of red blood cells will automatically reduce the amount of hemoglobin, which is a result of body tissues do not get enough oxygen supply. In order for the production of red blood cells and hemoglobin remains smooth, the bone marrow must also be healthy by insufficient intake of foods that contain enough iron and vitamins.
Below are some signs and symptoms of the body if iron deficiency
- Pale skin: Signs can be seen by others of the body that iron deficiency is pale skin, especially on the face is very visible. Lack of blood supply will result in decreased hemoglobin level, so that the skin becomes looks pale.
- The body feels tired and lethargic: Iron deficiency will cause the body to become tired and lethargic. Even if you have enough rest and sleep, the body still feels less eager to indulge. Try to eat foods that contain lots of iron.
- Experience a feeling of suffocation: People who are iron deficient, decreased energy. In addition to being lazy activity, with little activity, already panting breath. If you feel the conditions are like this, then most likely your body is deficient in iron.
- Nails become brittle easy: The cause of brittle nails is nail polish continuous use. But other than that, brittle nails can also be triggered from the body iron deficiency.
- Hair loss: As with nails or other organs, hair also needs nutrients like iron to stay healthy and strong. So if your body is deficient in iron, the hair can easily fall out.
- Early menopause: Women who are entering the premenopausal period can more quickly develop into menoupuse, if less maintain iron intake. This is due to iron deficiency also affects the function of hormones in the body, especially in women.
- Conditions of severe hemorrhage: Occurrence of severe bleeding, such as during menstruation, childbirth, or a blood donor can also cause the body to anemia - or could be considered iron deficient. So if you frequent often feel dizzy or mood down at the time of menstruation, then maybe you're iron deficient.
- The body and legs shaking: Why anemia can also cause the body to feel shaky, especially legs?. It is known that iron-deficient body would make the blood circulation is not smooth, including in the area of the foot. This will make the legs feel weak, stiff and trembling.
- Easy drowsy and dizzy eyes: Iron deficiency can cause anemia, which also has the common symptoms of drowsiness and dizzy eyes. This is because as the supply of oxygen to the brain is reduced or substandard, because iron deficiency can cause less blood hemoglobin - which carries oxygen throughout the body including the brain.
- Being like snacking: Some people who have low iron levels also become more like snacking, especially the most common in children. Besides children, women also often experience symptoms like this.
Note: Iron deficiency that develops into anemia, may be constituted by the presence of other health conditions. Therefore, if the above symptoms did not improve after you consume foods high in iron, you should do a check-up to a health clinic.