There are several ways to get rid of toenail fungus. Nail fungus is a fungal infection of one or more of the nail. Nail fungal infection may begin as a white or yellow spot under the nail or nail tip. Nail fungus can spread deeper into the nail, it may cause blackened nails, thickened, and the edges were destroyed, and can be painful.
Nail fungus (onychomycosis or tinea unguium) most often affects the toenails, although in some cases it can affect the fingernails. As fungal diseases generally, toenail fungus can spread to other nails, nails or even contagious to others. It is possible to occur when nail fungus sufferers and others use the same stuff, such as shoes, socks, and nail clippers.
Causes of Nail Fungus
Nail fungus infections are usually caused by fungi belonging to dermatophyte fungi. But other types of fungi can be responsible for nail fungal infections.
Symptoms of Nail Fungus
There are different classifications of nail fungus depends on the type of fungus that may have signs and symptoms that are somewhat different. Nail fungus infection is also known as onychomycosis. Signs and symptoms of nail fungus can be, among others:
1. Nails brittle or crumbly
2. Distorted nail shape
3. Nails dull, without luster or shine
Nails that are infected may also separate from the nail bed, a condition called onycholysis. It may also feel pain in your toes or fingertips and smell a little rotten detectable.
Tips To Get rid of Nail Fungus
Nail fungus can be difficult to treat, and repeated infections are very common. Antifungal nail creams and ointments are available commercially, can be ineffective. To treat nail fungus, your doctor may prescribe an oral antifungal medication.
Studies have shown that treatment is most effective for nail fungus is terbinafine (Lamisil) and itraconazole (Sporanox). These medications help a new nail grow and free of infection, slowly replacing the infected part of the nail.
Recurrent infections are very possible, especially if you continue to let your nails in a stuffy and humid conditions. Antifungal medication can cause side effects ranging from skin rashes and liver damage.
Other treatment options:
1. Antifungal lacquer
If you have a fungal nail infection mild to moderate, your doctor may choose to prescribe an antifungal nail polish called Ciclopirox (Penlac).
2. topical medication
If the infection is severe or very painful nail, the doctor may suggest to take a nail with surgical procedures. Sometimes used in combination with surgery to treat Ciclopirox nail. After the infected nail is taken, the new nail to grow although a bit old.
4. Laser or photodynamic therapy
With a strong light shines on the nails after treatment with acid
How To Get Rid Of Nail Fungus Naturally With Lemongrass Oil
Essential oils of lemongrass is a natural remedy that is widely used to treat nail fungus. Here's how to treat nail fungus with lemongrass oil:
1. Make sure to use lemongrass oil is a pure essential oil. Some lemongrass oil products may have been mixed with other oils or artificial flavored. Only pure lemongrass oil has antifungal properties needed to treat toenail fungus.
2. Dilute lemongrass oil with a carrier oil. Olive oil is a commonly used carrier oils. Pour 30 ml of carrier oil into a clean bottle or other container. Add 6 drops of lemongrass oil and whisk to smooth the mixture.
3. Massage the mixture of lemongrass oil to the infected nail twice a day. In a few days you will see a black fungus or dark brown. This marks the mushrooms begin to die.
4. Continue to use lemongrass oil until new healthy nail grows back.